|Reports To||Production Manager/ Chief Operating Engineer|
A 2nd Class Power Engineer / Process Operator is part of a shift operating team responsible for a variety of process equipment in such a way as to maintain the safe and efficient manufacture of alcohol. Most duties are carried out in a team based atmosphere with a culture of openness and respect.
The Johnstown Plant produces 252,000,000 litres/year of fuel grade ethanol from corn, using an integrated dry milling, batch fermentation and continuous distillation and evaporation process. Energy requirements are provided by a 1st Class Plant, generating 31,000 Kw and 45,000 kg/hr of steam at 900 kpa through an HRSG. Other energy-related equipment include twin gas-fired rotary drum driers, 4 centrifuges, economizers, a Thermal Oxidizer, 3 compressors, Micro Filters, RO, softeners, waste water monitoring and RO water filtration units.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participates, adheres to, and fully complies with, the Company’s Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures and regulatory requirements
- Operates process equipment and performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner to meet established process requirements
- Monitors the process and makes required adjustments to maintain product quality, production rates, and efficiency
- Reports deviations and provides input for process improvements. Samples and tests process streams
- Record data, actions, incidents, instructions, etc., in written or computerized format
- Cleans and sanitizes process equipment as required
- Responsible for housekeeping and cleaning of the plant
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of process areas, laboratories and control rooms. Assists with spills cleanup when necessary
- Provides technical troubleshooting expertise in the detection and correction of operational problems
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of, and familiarity with, current procedures in all areas of plant for which he/she is qualified
- Responsible for reviewing log books for period absent from work
- Responsible for recording all required information accurately in log books, log sheets, MS Excel, etc
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) studies for key events
- Review or write procedures as required
- Complete training as required
- Participate positively in and support compliance of FEMAS, FSMA and any other food and feed safety standard
- Actively participates in continuous plant improvements, specifically with personal development
- Knowledge of and complies with all aspects of the Operator Progression Program
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- SOPEEC Operating Engineer certificate (2nd Class) is mandatory. Consideration will be given to candidates with a 3rd Class ticket, currently working towards achieving their 2nd
- Previous operating experience in the petroleum, beverage, chemical, pharmaceutical, fertilizer or food processing industries would be an asset
- A high school diploma, plus a minimum of five (5) years related experience
- Post-secondary education in a technical field is an asset.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and open to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.