Accounts Payable Administrator – 6 Month Contract
|Reports To||Accounts Payable Supervisor|
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the successful candidate is a true team player, participating in the day-to-day activities of the Accounts Payable function of the Accounting department.
Greenfield Engineering and Technology (GET) is an innovation hub where our talented engineers and scientists develop Intellectual Property and work diligently to optimize all technical aspects of Greenfield operations. The successful candidate will also assist the GET group in day-to-day AP activities.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- GET Group– Organize and maintain confidential and purchasing files
- GET Group– SR&ED project timesheets and database
- GET Group – Create Capital Project and GRIR month-end accrual reports
- GET Group – Assign Project numbers for GET Engineers
- GET Group – Do Purchasing and Receiving in Maximo for Lab and GET projects
- GET Group – Additional Administrative Support
- Review purchasing documentation for completeness and compliance with policies and procedures
- Daily processing of supplier invoices: matching invoices with purchase orders, and entering invoices into the accounting system
- Process disbursements for appropriate vendors, suppliers and other external parties
- Manage cheque runs and electronic funds transfers (EFTs)
- Maintain contact with vendors on a regular basis to ensure accounts are up to date
- Communicate with vendors regarding payments and billing issues
- Perform periodic reconciliation of vendor statements and follow-up on discrepancies
- Serve as liaison between business units and vendors in the resolution of problems, discrepancies and inquiries
- Provide advice and assistance to internal stakeholders with respect to adherence to corporate policies, procedures and guidelines
- Assist in managing the accounts payable inbox
- Coordinate mail and couriers between sites and external parties
- Other duties as assigned.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Post-secondary school diploma/degree in Accounting is required
- Previous Accounts Payable of more than 3 years is required
- Effective communication, investigation and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting concepts with the ability to calculate discounts, interest, proportions, percentages and tax
- Ability to analyze and present numerical data in tables, spreadsheets, etc.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Working knowledge and experience with accounting software. Exposure to Microsoft Navision would be an asset
- Proactive and ability to work independently, escalating issues when appropriate
- Ability to deal with individuals at all levels in a fast-paced, demanding environment, often with tight deadlines and multiple deliverables
- Strong organizational skills with a keen eye to detail
- Ability to spot potentially fraudulent or dishonest activities.
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and openness to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities.