Accounts Payable Administrator
|Reports To||Accounts Payable Supervisor|
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the successful candidate is a true team player, participating in the day-to-day activities of the Accounts Payable function of the Accounting department.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Review purchasing documentation for completeness and compliance with policies and procedures
- Vendor maintenance, including new vendor set up in the accounting system
- Daily processing of supplier invoices: matching invoices with purchase orders, and entering invoices into the accounting system
- Process disbursements for appropriate vendors, suppliers and other external parties
- Manage cheque runs and electronic funds transfers (EFTs)
- Maintain contact with vendors on a regular basis to ensure accounts are up to date
- Communicate with vendors regarding payments and billing issues
- Perform periodic reconciliation of vendor statements and follow-up on discrepancies
- Serve as liaison between business units and vendors in the resolution of problems, discrepancies and inquiries
- Provide advice and assistance to internal stakeholders with respect to adherence to corporate policies, procedures and guidelines
- Assist in managing the accounts payable inbox
- Process expense reports (Concur)
- Participate in process improvement projects, such as EFT and ERP implementation
- Coordinate mail and couriers between sites and external parties
- Create Purchase orders for capital and expense purchases
- Other duties as assigned.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Post-secondary school diploma/degree in Accounting is required
- Previous Accounts Payable of more than 3 years is required
- Effective communication, investigation and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting concepts with the ability to calculate discounts, interest, proportions, percentages and tax
- Ability to analyze and present numerical data in tables, spreadsheets, etc.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Working knowledge and experience with accounting software. Exposure to Microsoft Navision would be an asset
- Proactive and ability to work independently, escalating issues when appropriate
- Ability to deal with individuals at all levels in a fast-paced, demanding environment, often with tight deadlines and multiple deliverables
- Strong organizational skills with a keen eye to detail
- Ability to spot potentially fraudulent or dishonest activities.
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and openness to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities.