|Department||Corn Procurement |
This is a full-time role based in Eastern Ontario and/or Quebec. Due to continued growth we are seeking a motivated and experienced Agronomist to provide consulting services for our operations and to customers. A qualified individual will be knowledgeable in all aspects of agriculture from fertilizer usage, logistics, customer management, and sustainable practices. The candidate will play a major leadership role in the development and deployment of our sustainable development strategy.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Work with the team’s involved in business development projects that require agronomy assistance (ISCC will be a main item) and the Federal Clean Fuel Standard. Note: here we expect to get a higher price for lower CI ethanol
- Develop an agronomist and grain processing program that will lower the carbon intensity of agriculture in Ontario, targeting current and future customers of Greenfield. This will be a partnership with the growers and Greenfield. Program will be aligned with reducing greenhouse gases and reducing global warming
- Agronomist will work with industry leaders across the country to understand emerging farm practices and technologies to reduce carbon intensity of agriculture
- Working with external consultants and the Greenfield’s sustainability team to manage the ISCC and CFS carbon intensity program for corn supply including modeling and audit of results
- Manage and develop relationships with growers and work with them to collect accurate data on all aspects of their operation including soil maps, fertilizer inputs, electricity usage, transport, etc. This data will then be used to formulate a ‘GHG calculation’ for each individual farmer in order to satisfy the requirements of the ISCC and Clean Fuel Standard programs. This will be ongoing as grower data is always changing
- Aid in setting a benchmark of what growers qualify for the ISCC program vs. those who do not; outline key factors that add into the equation and make recommendations to get a grower qualified
- Act as a sustainable development expert both externally and within the organization
- Remain informed regarding technical developments, marketing trends and competitor strategies via networking, personal development and training.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Degree or Diploma in Agriculture or a related field
- Five or more years of crop industry and agronomy experience
- Experience in the agri-food and/or retail industries and strong knowledge of the commodities market an asset
- Provide knowledge to local farmers on best practices at grower meetings and crop days
- Knowledge of modern farming practices, various Ag equipment and related technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to build credibility, rapport, and long-term relationships
- Informatively rally customers around your organization’s vision
- Ability to navigate a complex organization with a business model that encompasses various types of partnerships (producers, international markets, etc.)
- An adept strategic advisor who can move from strategy to execution efficiently
- Willing to travel within a defined territory (up to 75%)
- Must be Bilingual (French/English).
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and open to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.