Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis
|Reports To||Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis|
The Analyst of Financial Planning and Analysis reports directly to the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”). This role will be implementing a rolling forecast process, take responsibility for building and maintaining financial models in Vena, providing support to the various corporate services functions for budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Assisting with reporting, financial forecasting and budgeting processes
- Creating reports and templates
- Updating and verifying templates
- Updating weekly and month reports
- Consolidating and assessing financial plans
- Play an active role in training the Accounting and Finance team on the Company’s Corporate Performance Management software (Vena Solutions)
- Maintaining the Company’s budgeting/reporting system (Vena Solutions)
- Assist with building financial models
- Reconciling monthly actual reporting to the general ledger and other systems
- Preparing various financial analysis and presentations
- Work with the finance and business teams to analyze and understand monthly business results. Produce standard monthly reporting for management including revenue and cost analysis, perform budget reviews (actual vs. budget) forecasting, business analytics (pricing and cost factors), business profitability analysis, product profitability analysis, product costing analysis.
- Identify and execute against ad hoc analytical projects that deepen business insight and drive value to the business. Provide general analytical and process support to the business.
- Identify, quantify and address risks and opportunities to business results.
- Responding to management inquiries and acts as a point of contact for the other internal locations
- Updating established standard operating policies and procedures for finance and accounting to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Bachelor’s degree in business (Accounting or Finance).
- Vena Solution knowledge is an asset.
- Extremely strong Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. It requires the ability to build credibility and constructive relationships cross-functionally at all levels in the organization.
- Proactive, can work independently and with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
- Desire to learn new concepts independently or in a team environment.
- Strong sense of honesty, integrity and ethics.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and adapt to change quickly.
- Knowledge of and interest in business analytics and Big Data.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and open to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.