Bulk Distribution Representative
|Reports To||Plant Manager|
Reporting to the Brampton Plant Manager, the Bulk Distribution Representative works alongside the Bulk Distribution Coordinator processing product orders and scheduling bulk loading activities for accounts located in North America.
The successful candidate will be part of a collaborative team responsible for the planning and logistics of bulk alcohol orders, liaising with three facilities in Ontario as well as our Commercial and Supply Chain teams.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Receives, confirms and enters customer bulk alcohol orders, while verifying pricing information, equipment and other pertinent requirements
- Determines and coordinates optimal schedule of bulk alcohol order loading and delivery dates and times in conjunction with manufacturing facilities and trucking companies
- Ensures that customer requirement details are communicated clearly to manufacturing facilities as required
- Tracks inventories of alcohol and bulk denaturants at the Brampton facility, arranging for alcohol and denaturant transfers to Brampton as required
- Ensures that price lists and pricing information in product databases are updated
- Tracks customer Excise permits, ensures that pertinent approvals and information are up- to date
- Performs billing and issues return credits for bulk accounts
- Maintains customer files as well as other files pertinent to the job function
- Logs customer complaints as they are received and routes them to the affected Manager
- Issues invoices for tanker deliveries demurrage
- Issues price support credit notes as necessary
- Responds to customer enquiries or forwards them to the appropriate individual for response
- Provides back up support to the Bulk Distribution Coordinator.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Minimum 2 years experience in a customer service and/or bulk chemical distribution role
- Post-Secondary diploma preferred
- Understanding of truck freight processes would be an asset
- Experience working with an ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics, NAV, D365)
- Bilingualism (English/French) would also be an asset
- Strong computer skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Solid understanding of logistics principles
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Motivated self-starter capable of both independent and team based work
- Must be able to think and adapt quickly to meet business needs.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and open to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.