Business Intelligence Analyst
|Reports To||Manager IT Infrastructure and Operations|
Greenfield is the leading specialty alcohols producer in Canada, with a focus on corn-based bulk industrial alcohol, packaged alcohol and fuel ethanol, as well as associated agricultural co-products
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, the Company owns and operates four state of the art manufacturing plants in Canada – all strategically located close to both corn supply and end-user markets. Additionally, the Company owns and operates three alcohol packaging plants, one in Canada and two in the US. The Company has a focused strategy to successfully and profitably operate its production facilities. In doing so, Greenfield focuses on managing commodity risks and strives to maintain an environment of continuous operational improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness as a low-cost producer.
We are looking for a talented hands-on BI Analyst. The successful candidate has the experience and capability to migrate our existing Qlikview reporting to MS Power BI and ultimately support the BI requirements of our new ERP environment by providing a singular BI platform for all levels of the business. Our IT department is driven to deliver cutting edge tools to the organization, which provide our international business units a technological advantage in the market place. This role will be at the forefront of these initiatives and will be part of a welcoming, strong, collaborative and cohesive IT team.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Evaluates internal and external customers’ needs to provide appropriate solutions
- Designs organization-wide standards and best practices for BI and reporting
- Performs analysis on a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms
- Leads the planning, designing, and execution of user testing efforts
- Works with multiple stakeholders to assess the impact of proposed solutions, facilitate deployments and minimize disruption to services
- Stays abreast of BI products/tools and of business strategies and direction
- Trains users, including executives, to transform data into action oriented information and to use that information correctly
- Developing data cleansing rules for the company
- Performs the migration of reports and dashboards from Qlikview to Power BI.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and information interdependencies
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Demonstrated experience in SQL, Qlikview and Power BI and DAX
- Driven to provide concise relevant information through reporting and dashboards
- Ability to partner with multiple stakeholders and influence project decisions
- Strong understanding of basic information system engineering, information risk, security guidelines and architecture standards
- Outstanding 360 collaboration, written and verbal communication skills
- Engage functional Peer Groups to understand business requirements and transform them into technical solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Intelligence or related field required or equivalent experience.