|Reports To||Plant Manager|
This position is responsible for ensuring effective operation of the plant utilities systems, coordinates improvement projects, and provides technical support to the entire organization.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for overseeing all duties and responsibilities of all direct reports
- Works closely with the Manager of People and Culture regarding staff performance management, growth and development, training, policies and procedures and people management
- Develop employees by conducting performance evaluations for all direct reports and follow-up on objectives and opportunities throughout the year
- Supervises the operation and maintenance of the plant utility systems, including steam boiler and distribution system, water treatment, storm water ponds, air compressors, cooling water systems
- Oversees energy conservation
- Provides technical troubleshooting expertise
- Direct, maintain, and enforce the safety program for the utilities department; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all boiler operators
- Works closely with other team members to assist with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansion
- Acts as the company liaison with outside agencies (i.e. FM Global)
- Takes a lead role with respect to the plant’s Quality Program. Ensures compliance with standards and legislation
- Takes a lead role in, and ensure plant compliance in GMPs, and food and feed safety. Ensure compliance with FSMA, FEMAS, and other relevant food and feed safety initiatives
- Maintain safety, health, and environment policies and procedures. Ensure city, county, state and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are always met
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and advocating 5S opportunities within facility
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Chief 1st Class Operating Engineer Certificate of Qualification possessing license in good standings
- Secondary engineering license would be seen as an asset
- Familiar with the Occupational Health & Safety Act administers all applicable regulations consistently. Knowledgeable of ESA and Arc Flash requirements and adheres to regulations
- Experience in continuous improvement tools and root cause analysis
- Proven ability in organization, decision-making and problem-solving techniques
- Experience managing teams, developing employees, and achieving results through others.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- A motivated individual driven to achieve optimal plant performance, takes full ownership of the job, stretches the limits and keeps the team focused, performing at their maximum ability
- Promotes clear communication, expectations, performance standards and accountability at all levels
- Team-oriented individual with effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.