If you love to enhance customer experiences, thrive in a ‘continuous improvement’ environment, believe in a culture of safety, and want to join a high-performance team that is passionate about operational excellence and cares about its role in the world, Greenfield is the perfect place to build your career
Our Tiverton plant, located in the municipality of Kincardine, Ontario, is seeking a qualified candidate to join their team for an 18-month term as a Chief Operating Engineer
This candidate is a motivated individual, familiar with the Technical Standards and Safety Act, 2000, S.O. 2000, c. 16, and has excellent interpersonal skills. Please read through the job description and if you feel this aligns with your career path, please apply at the link information.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Chief Operating Engineer will work as part of an overall team to monitor, analyze and optimize the plant utility systems.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Oversees the safe/efficient operation (in conjunction with the Maintenance Planner) and maintenance of the plant utility equipment
- Direct supervision of the Operating Engineers as per their duties in relation to the equipment defined by the Technical Safety and Standards Act including delegation of associated work responsibilities, instruction and training new employees
- Shares responsibility of performance evaluations of the Operating Engineers with the Plant Manager as per their duties in relation to the equipment defined by the Technical Safety and Standards Act to provide positive and constructive feedback
- Communicates regularly with all operating engineers regarding operating requirements, operating and procedural changes etc.
- Responsible for managing work permits for contractors and GGI maintenance
- Acts as the company liaison with outside agencies (e.g., FM Global for boiler inspections, TSSA)
- Responsible for Pressure Vessel and Safety Valve maintenance and control in collaboration with the plant maintenance department
- Work closely with the Maintenance and Projects Manager and the EHS Manager to assist and ensure the safe and efficient operation of plant activities and plant shutdowns.
- A motivated individual driven to achieve optimal plant performance, takes full ownership of the job, while performing at their maximum ability
- Promotes clear communication, expectations, performance standards and accountability at all levels
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.