|Reports To||Quality Assurance Manager|
A Quality Assurance Corn Analyst will work as part of an overall team to sample, grade and process all paperwork related to the receipt of incoming corn shipments. They will also generate all required shipping documentation for both Distillers Grains and Corn Oil products. The individual must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks. It is expected that a Corn Analyst will help to solve practical problems using a team approach
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Responsible for the sampling and grading of all incoming corn shipments in accordance with the Canadian Grain Commission and the Greenfield Corn Grading procedure
- Ensuring safe storage, handling, and shipping of all food and feed ingredients, in compliance with relevant food and feed safety requirements
- Completion of documentation and data entry, including shipping documentation (domestic and international), delivery schedules and pertinent databases
- Communicate with vendors and customers to accomplish daily schedule and plant requirements
- Communicating with drivers to ensure site requirements are met, including safety orientation. This also includes interaction to manage traffic flow and documentation
- Coordinate with Grain Shipping to ensure all Distillers Grains loads are loaded as per customer request
- Maintenance of all Grain laboratory equipment, including required calibrations & routine preventative maintenance.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- O.S.S.D. or equivalent
- Demonstrated equivalent work experience preferred
- Proficiency with standard computer hardware and applications
- Adequate numeracy skills (including units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals).
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Can compute rate, ratio and percent, and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Bonus Points If You Have Any of These:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English and French (written and verbal).
- Experience in the preparation of logistics paperwork, including excise paperwork, bills of lading, etc.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and openness to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.