In this complex role, the Corporate Receptionist/Office Coordinator will be responsible for general office administration and front desk reception duties and will also provide executive assistance to the leadership team.
The successful candidate is a strong multitasker and consistently maintains a professional image while answering and directing calls and inquiries in a prompt and efficient manner. This role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with guests, visitors, and employees at all professional levels.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Greets visitors in a welcoming and hospitable environment and directs them to the appropriate contact
- Answers basic questions regarding the business and can provide a brief overview of the Company’s products and services
- Performs various clerical/administrative tasks such as distributing press clippings, drafting correspondence, preparing presentations, printing and binding of materials, conducting research, photocopying, filing, typing and faxing
- Assists with set up and planning of appointments, meetings and conference calls, including but not limited to catering lunch, preparing rooms, and coordinating schedules
- Answers all incoming calls and re-directs to the appropriate individual/department
- Screens calls and takes messages as required with proper discretion and urgency
- Manages the daily distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, signs for packages and prepares and applies appropriate postage to mail for delivery including urgent/priority mail
- Assists the Executive Team in preparing expense reports, managing calendars, and organizing business travel arrangements
- Acts as a point of contact for all office related requests and concerns
- Participates in building management meetings and contributes ideas for improvement
- Orders and maintains office and kitchen supplies
- Ensures the reception area/office space is neat, tidy and organized
- Other duties as assigned.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing needs and requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with employees at all levels
- Ability to represent self, department and organization in a professional manner in all dealings
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle frequent interruptions
- Ability to take direction and guidance from multiple sources
- Good analytical and problems solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgement to deal with common issues and problems or escalate when necessary
- Skilled in the use of and basic maintenance of office and telephone equipment
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and excellent typing/keyboarding skills
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Completion of relevant post secondary education is preferred
- 3 to 5 years experience in a clerical, administrative or similar role.
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and openness to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities.