Customer Service Representative, Exports (Maternity Leave)
Based at the Brampton Packaging Facility, this position supports the business in a number of areas including export logistics/support, production planning/scheduling and administrative support related to the export function. This position requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task among competing priorities.
Please note this is a maternity leave coverage not a permanent position.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Participates in production scheduling activities at the Brampton Packaging Plant
- Captures / logs freight costs from carrier invoices on accounting spreadsheet
- Matches weigh tickets with ocean carrier invoices, approves and sends to accounting for processing / payment
- Prepares and dispatches document sets for customers
- Assist with securing rail reservations for alcohol shipments from Brampton, working closely with plant personnel on export shipment activity
- Liaises with third party transportation services (air, ocean and ground)
- Prepares customs clearance document sets
- Creates collection covers via BNS website and prepares courier packages
- Secures booking confirmations consistent with production / customer demands
- Processes export orders for packaged product:
- Enters orders into computer system
- Creates shipping instructions for alcohol export carriers
- Prepares hazardous declaration form for ocean carriers
- Prepares other relevant paperwork for shipping
- Completes invoicing, including mailing and filing
- Maintains customer files as well as other files pertinent to the job function
- Sets up new export packaged product customers in system
- Prepares/submits required government reports (CERS/FDA Prior Notice, etc.)
- Enters ocean freight invoices
- Assists in physical inventory month end count and reconciliation
- Performs billing and product return credits
- Completed various reporting for export sales
- Prepares Bills of Lading and Invoices for Export alcohol orders
- Back up Support to Export Logistics team and Packaging Accounting Administrator during vacations/ absences
- Performs other duties as assigned.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Experience with freight forwarding (ocean/trucking) within the Manufacturing sector
- 1-3 years of export experience
- CCLP designation would be an asset
- Strong computer skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Solid understanding of logistics principles
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to define problems, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Must be able to think and adapt quickly to meet business needs.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and open to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.