Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position establishes department objectives and develops strategies for effective implementation and continuous improvement. The role focuses on achieving results through the leadership of his/her direct reports to achieve goals and objectives consistent with plant and business unit requirements. This position will play a key role in the overall success of the organization by managing, planning, and monitoring engineering functions. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion. The position will be included in the succession management program and will be provided learning and development opportunities for potential new roles within the organization.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expert
- Verify work performed and methods used throughout a project to ensure they are completed to a high quality standard.
- In conjunction with the leadership team, collaborate, evaluate, and prioritize plant facility objectives, and participate in the development and implementation of the annual business action plans
- Establish department objectives using the annual business plan, and provide implementation strategies to achieve health and safety, environment, quality, production/plant efficiency objectives
- Responsible for developing direct reports through the performance management program by defining individual objectives and goals, training and development
- Anticipates future needs/priorities and establishes a technical direction for the department. Develops future vision and gets others to buy into the direction using an appropriate pace for change.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process and monthly cost monitoring and control of all general ledger accounts falling under his/her responsibility
- Stay current on industry performance standards and best practices, and ensure that the department and plant facility meets or exceeds benchmark standards
- Fosters positive attitude toward Company philosophy, values and goals.
- Works very closely with the People and Culture Manager regarding employee growth and development, training, policies and procedures and people management
- Oversees all municipal, provincial and federal regulatory requirements pertaining to all aspects of his/her responsibilities
- Implement, oversee, and comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.