Environment Health & Safety Manager
|Reports To||Site General Manager|
Greenfield is looking for a Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join our growing team.
The EH&S Manager will manage all programs, policies, and procedures which ensure compliance with Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) requirements. Develop and coordinate health and safety programs as well as employee training activities to prevent/minimize the incidence of on-the-job accidents and promote overall health and safety. Ensure environmental compliance for Shelbyville site by facilitating all reporting requirements, managing hazardous waste program and emergency response plans. Coordinate all third-party activities including monitoring/sampling, risk assessments, EH&S consultants, and safety data sheet program.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Your Experience Should Include:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health, Safety Engineering, or similar four-year degree.
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an EH&S program. Experience in a fast paced, chemical manufacturing environment preferred. Must possess effective interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Coordinate all industrial hygiene and employee health testing; maintain records and notify employees of test results.
- Coordinate, develop and promote employee wellness programs.
- Maintain interface with employees, doctor, and Worker’s Compensation on work related injuries in conjunction with People & Culture.
- Coordinate issues and procedures that are related to Connecticut Workers Compensation.
- Develop, implement, and communicate policies and establish goals to assist in meeting the requirements of corporate and governmental standards including OSHA and EPA.
- Provide safety training to all employees and contractors. Maintain training records.
- Perform periodic facility inspections, prepare necessary corporate and business unit safety reports and report results to management.
- Organize activities of Safety Committee including the agenda, roster, taking of minutes, and action item follow-up.
- Interface with local, state, and federal agency representatives on all compliance issues for Connecticut and Kentucky manufacturing facilities.
- Perform ergonomic analysis, risk assessments, and workplace hazard analyses for all warehouse and production operations.
- Manage contractor safety and supervise non-routine work.
- Review all incident reports and maintain OSHA-300,301,300A logs.
- Maintain and ensure site security program is compliant with Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) regulations as well as state and local requirements for first responders.
Participate in all corporate safety committees and activities. Complete all corporate safety reporting.
- Organize and lead Emergency Response Teams.
- Facilitate Emergency Response Plan preparedness and conduct fire drills as required.
- Perform and document Job Safety Analysis for required tasks.
- Manage Safety Data Sheet program including generation of new SDS’s.
Environmental Compliance :
- Interface with all federal, state, and local environmental authorities.
- Coordinate all required environmental training for all employees of Greenfield Global USA.
- Ensure Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Railroad Administration requirements are met by ensuring proper containers, labels, and transportation regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Monitor and oversee all federal, state, and local environmental regulatory compliance plans and reporting
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.