Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
|Department||Health & Safety|
|Reports To||Environmental, Health & Safety Manager|
This position is responsible for supporting the environmental, health and safety (EH&S) function for the Chatham plant. The EH&S Coordinator will implement and maintain EH&S policies and programs to improve overall EH&S awareness and safety culture. This position reports to the EH&S Manager and works with the management team to assure local compliance with all applicable Company policies, procedures and governmental regulations.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Support the ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems and ISO18001/45001 Health and Safety Management Systems; includes completing procedural reviews, internal and external audits, legal compliance audits, self-assessment audits, and overall system effectiveness
- Assist in establishing EH&S plant objectives, monitor and report progress using established EH&S metrics
- Support the development and implementation of EH&S policies, procedures, and programs
- Facilitate and maintain all EH&S programs to ensure compliance and improve awareness and safety culture
- Audit plant activities, track and report on all non-compliances and opportunities for improvement to the EH&S Manager
- Support the process for identifying, investigating, recording, and reporting undesired EH&S events. Complete corrective actions to fulfill regulatory and/or Corporate compliance and communicate EH&S issues and performance to ensure relevant issues are quickly and appropriately addressed
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the EH&S training program; includes providing in-house training or training tools to employees, working with department managers to assure local compliance and facilitate training, and maintaining up-to-date training records with People and Culture
- Manage PPE inventory requirements including uniforms and specialty equipment for hazardous chemicals
- Act as a resource, collaborate and provide feedback to management and employees on EH&S functions
- Provide support to security on site
- Support EH&S Manager with annual reports to the MECP on NPRI, GHG, storm water and facility compliance
- Responsible for keeping up to date with any MECP and MOL (as applicable) regulatory changes
- Participate on the Company’s EH&S Peer Group
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping, recommend opportunities for improvement and help implement corrective actions
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Hazard Analysis (HAZOP), and design review
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Post-secondary education in Health & Safety, Environmental Science and related field, or equivalent experience in a similar role of 3-5 years minimum
- Prior work experience in an industrial plant environment is desired
- Resourceful and practical, with demonstrated problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Focused individual who maintains safety standards while working to achieve business objectives.
- Leads by example in terms of safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- Embraces a collaborative team approach; competent at building rapport and effective communication
- Self-motivated individual who establishes a technical direction for the department by anticipating future priorities and challenges
- Champion and leader of our core principles in that this individual is Collaborative, Agile, Innovative, Responsible and Dedicated to the business objectives
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.