Environmental Health and Safety Manager
|Reports To||Plant Manager|
This position will lead the EH&S function by providing direction and support at all levels in the plant. This position will monitor and assess compliance, organize and provide training, ensure tests are conducted and perform field investigations. The EH&S Manager will determine sources and methods of controlling pollutants in air, water, and soil. The individual will ensure that all plant environmental, health and safety policies, guidelines and programs are in compliance with regulatory requirements and report on the EH&S Management System.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Develop, recommend, implement and communicate policies and establish goals to assist the plant in meeting the requirements of site, corporate and governmental standards
- Develop, organize and provide EH&S training across the site
- Participate in and oversee all internal and external audits for plant EH&S systems
- Lead the registration and maintenance of the EH&S Management Systems and report on their effectiveness to the Plant Manager and leadership team
- Participate in root cause analysis (RCA) and other process improvement events when necessary
- Provide plant safety orientation for new employees as well as generic safety training for all contractors
- Responsible for environmental complaint-programs, record keeping, communication and response to concerns internally and externally
- Arrange for the collection of samples to assist in evaluation of atmospheric pollutants
- Support the plant activities by ensuring compliance with all Environmental, Health & Safety regulatory requirements
- Coordinate activities associated with the EH&S Committee
- Oversee the third-party Security Agency contract and activities
- As a member of the management team, support plant compliance in GMPs, and food and feed safety. Ensure compliance with FSMA, FEMAS, and other relevant food and feed safety initiatives
- Support the ISO 9001 Quality Program, and ensure compliance with standards and legislation
- Participate in Corporate Functional Team on Environment, Health & Safety to establish best practices
- Maintain and expand positive company image with Government agencies, employees and external customers
- Support a high standard of housekeeping and advocating 5S opportunities within facility
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Health & Safety, Environmental Science, or other related fields
- Specific training in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- CRSP Designation preferred
- Knowledgeable of environmental regulations, and work experience in environmental aspects and procedures
- Prior work experience within an industrial plant environment is desired.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- Promotes clear communication, expectations, performance standards and accountability at all levels
- Team-oriented individuals with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking individual who is able to self-direct workload and priorities, and establishes a technical direction for the department and the site
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.