Environmental Health & Safety Manager
|Department||Environmental Health & Safety |
|Reports To||Plant Manager|
Manage all programs, policies, and procedures which ensure compliance with Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) requirements. Develop and coordinate health and safety programs as well as employee training activities to prevent/minimize the incidence of on-the-job accidents and promote overall health and safety. Ensure environmental compliance by facilitating all reporting requirements, managing hazardous waste program and emergency response plans. Coordinate all third party activities including monitoring/sampling, risk assessments, EH&S consultants, and safety data sheet program. Position reports to the Plant Manager of the site.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Coordinate all industrial hygiene and employee health testing; maintain records and notify employees of test results.
- Coordinate, develop and promote employee wellness programs.
- Maintain interface with employees, doctor and Worker’s Compensation on work related injuries in conjunction with People & Culture.
- Coordinate issues and procedures that are related to Workers Compensation.
- Develop, implement, and communicate policies and establish goals to assist in meeting the requirements of corporate and governmental standards including OSHA and EPA.
- Provide safety training to all employees and contractors. Maintain training records.
- Perform periodic facility inspections, prepare necessary corporate and business unit safety reports and report results to management.
- Organize activities of Safety Committee including the agenda, roster, taking of minutes, and action item follow-up.
- Interface with local, state, and federal agency representatives on all compliance issues for the manufacturing facility.
Perform ergonomic analysis, risk assessments, and workplace hazard analyses for all warehouse and production operations.
- Manage contractor safety and supervise non-routine work.
- Review all incident reports and maintain OSHA-300,301,300A logs.
- Maintain and ensure site security program is compliant with Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) regulations as well as state and local requirements for first responders.
- Participate in all corporate safety committees and activities. Complete all corporate safety reporting.
- Organize and lead Emergency Response Teams.
- Facilitate Emergency Response Plan preparedness and conduct fire drills as required.
- Perform and document Job Safety Analysis for required tasks.
- Manage Safety Data Sheet program including generation of new SDS’s.
- Interface with all federal, state and local environmental authorities.
- Coordinate all required environmental training for all employees of Greenfield Global USA.
- Ensure Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Railroad Administration requirements are met by ensuring proper containers, labels, and transportation regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Monitor and oversee all federal, state and local environmental regulatory compliance plans and reporting.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health, Safety Engineering, or similar four-year degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an EH&S program.
- Chemical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must possess effective interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and open to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.