Environmental, Health, & Safety Manager
|Reports To||VP Quality and Regulatory|
Greenfield Global USA manufactures and supplies one of the widest range of pure and denatured ethanol products in the world. Our thousands of clients include Food, Flavor, Fragrance, Life Science, Institutional and Industrial markets.
Manage all programs, policies, and procedures which ensure compliance with Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) requirements. Develop and coordinate health and safety programs as well as employee training activities to prevent/minimize the incidence of on-the-job accidents and promote overall health and safety. Provide support and leadership to EH&S support personnel (2 total) at both Connecticut and Kentucky facilities. Ensure environmental compliance for both facilities by facilitating all reporting requirements, managing hazardous waste program and emergency response plans. Coordinate all third party activities including monitoring/sampling, risk assessments, EH&S consultants, and safety data sheet program.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
A summary of the essential functions of the position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate all industrial hygiene and employee health testing; maintain records and notify employees of test results.
- Coordinate, develop and promote employee wellness programs.
- Maintain interface with employees, doctor and Worker’s Compensation on work related injuries in conjunction with People & Culture.
- Coordinate issues and procedures that are related to Connecticut Workers Compensation.
- Develop, implement, and communicate policies and establish goals to assist in meeting the requirements of corporate and governmental standards including OSHA and EPA.
- Provide safety training to all employees and contractors. Maintain training records.
- Perform periodic facility inspections, prepare necessary corporate and business unit safety reports and report results to management.
- Organize activities of Safety Committee including the agenda, roster, taking of minutes, and action item follow-up.
- Interface with local, state, and federal agency representatives on all compliance issues for Connecticut and Kentucky manufacturing facilities.
- Perform ergonomic analysis, risk assessments, and workplace hazard analyses for all warehouse and production operations.
- Manage contractor safety and supervise non-routine work.
- Review all incident reports and maintain OSHA-300,301,300A logs.
- Maintain and ensure site security program is compliant with Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) regulations as well as state and local requirements for first responders.
Participate in all corporate safety committees and activities. Complete all corporate safety reporting.
- Organize and lead Emergency Response Teams.
- Facilitate Emergency Response Plan preparedness and conduct fire drills as required.
- Perform and document Job Safety Analysis for required tasks.
- Manage Safety Data Sheet program including generation of new SDS’s.
Environmental Compliance :
- Interface with all federal, state and local environmental authorities.
- Coordinate all required environmental training for all employees of Greenfield Global USA.
- Ensure Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Railroad Administration requirements are met by ensuring proper containers, labels, and transportation regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Monitor and oversee all federal, state and local environmental regulatory compliance plans and reporting
|Skills & Qualifications|
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health, Safety Engineering, or similar four year degree.
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an EH&S program. Experience in a fast paced, chemical manufacturing environment preferred. Must possess effective interpersonal and communication abilities.