Environmental Health & Safety Site Manager
|Reports To||Site General Manager|
Greenfield is looking for a EH&S Site Manager to join our growing team.
Our Brookfield, Connecticut site has an exciting opportunity for an EHS (Environmental, Health, & Safety) Lead to provide technical leadership and direct the site’s environmental, industrial hygiene, and safety (EHS) activities.
The Brookfield site is a critical manufacturing facility for specialty chemical ingredients for pharmaceutical excipients, food flavors, beverages, and industrial alcohol blends. The successful candidate will be responsible for safety, industrial hygiene, environmental management, and local, state, and federal compliance and reporting for the site. In addition, the role serves as the EHS representative on the site’s management leadership team.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a basic or technical degree in EHS management or relevant work experience in EH&S is preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of site operations related to chemical handling is preferred
- Strong leadership, people management, and develop skills in an industrial environment (Chemical Industry Preferred)
- Experience in a fast-paced chemical manufacturing environment is preferred
- Must possess effective interpersonal and communication abilities
- Risk assessment/risk management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate administrative policies and procedures
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Communication, meeting, and presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, manage change, and work independently.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer software (Microsoft Office, intra/internet, etc.), including helping to implement the Cority industrial hygiene software system
- Primary Greenfield Facility contact for all regulatory agency audits/inspections
- Provide safety training for new hires and existing employees on policies, regulations, and procedures
- Advise site management team on safety and compliance for specific projects and operations
- Collaborate with management to develop and maintain a site-based Emergency Action Plan
- Primary contact for site injury, incident notification, investigation, and case management.
- Manage proper handling, storage, and disposal of Haz-Waste according to Federal and State regulations and facility permits
- Support the SC&I BU EHS Manager with facility regulatory reporting requirements
- Manage contractor safety and supervise non-routine work
- Lead process improvement initiatives / JHA /PHA/ PSM
- Maintenance and modification of site SWPPP, GPP, and SPCC plans, including routine inspections and performing record upkeep of all corresponding documents
- Maintain written safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence.
- Inspect and verify company compliance with relevant safety regulations
- Maintain accurate and current records in accordance with guidelines
- Analyze incident reports, metrics, and injury case studies to institute changes that lead to a safer environment
- Conduct safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance and then evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow-up assessments
- Plan, implement, manage, and maintain comprehensive environmental safety & health programs on-premises or at project site locations
- Provide project management team with guidance on health and safety and confirms project site fulfills industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies, and procedures as it pertains to EH&S activities
- Participates in team meetings and provides regular on-site presence.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.