This position is responsible for overseeing the environmental function for the plant. This role will develop and implement cost-effective programs and procedures that continuously increase overall awareness in the environmental area to eliminate undesired incidents at the site. The Environmental Specialist works with the local management team to assure local compliance with all applicable plant, company, and governmental policies, procedures, regulations, and legislation.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Complies with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Leads and facilitates the development and implementation of environmental training and other programs and activities necessary to ensure facility environmental compliance.
- Monitors proposed and existing environmental regulations and legislation to determine their impact on operations. Develops, implements, and manages compliance programs for the plant.
- Participates in the development and implementation of Long Range Plans, Continuous Improvement Plans, global standards, budget, and other Company efforts.
- Establishes site environmental goals and objectives consistent with Company goals. Assists management in interpreting and applying technical regulatory requirements on production operations.
- Leads and facilitates the development and implementation of site environmental improvement plans to enhance compliance and improve environmental performance. Monitors and reports progress toward achieving site goals and objectives using established environmental metrics.
- Manages system for identifying, investigating, recording, and reporting undesired environmental events. Ensure corrective actions are taken to fulfill regulatory compliance. Provides regular communication to all levels of management regarding environmental issues and performance to ensure that relevant issues are quickly and appropriately addressed.
- Support EH&S Manager with the plant’s Environmental Management System including the audit function and system effectiveness.
- Audit the plant’s activities to ensure compliance with all Environmental regulatory requirements and Company policies.
- Track and report on all Environmental non-compliances to the EH&S Manager.
- Support EH&S Manager with annual reports to the MOECC on NPRI, GHG, TRA , Storm water and Facility compliance
- Oversee waste management requirements and programs
- Responsible for keeping up to date with any MOE and MOL (as applicable) regulatory changes.
- Manages all plant environmental permitting efforts to meet regulatory requirements and build competitive advantage.
- Supports health, safety, and security for site.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and recommend 5S opportunities for facility
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.