|Reports To||General Manager|
The Finance Manager will be responsible for advising on ways to increase profit through business analysis while monitoring and enforcing compliance with finance-related laws, procedures and regulations such as tax filing and financial reporting. The Finance Manager will manage all facility finance activities related to budgets, reconciliation, procurement and capital expenditures. This position will have one direct report and will liaison to corporate finance.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Perform financial management duties including generating financial data, compiling and submitting reports, cost and efficiencies analysis, analyzing industry trends, and assessing the financial health of the facility
- Oversee the operations and development of the facilities finance department including implementing policies, budgeting, recruiting, training, and conducting regular assessments of financial procedures
- Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual account reconciliations as required
- Monitor and enforce compliance with associated tax and financial reporting standards and assist with cash-flow forecasting
- Advise colleagues and executive management on decisions related to facility finances
- Supervise the documentation of the facility financial status and forecasts as it relates to co-product production
- Mediate between the organization, employees, stakeholders, on financial matters for resolution
- Support business planning activities associated to the facility financial forecasts
- Participate in company related ingredient purchasing efforts and participate in finance peer groups
- Support other duties aligned to business objectives in support of the organization’s core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Degree in accounting or finance and/or equivalent experience
- 10 years of experience in accounting and/or financial services, manufacturing industry experience an asset
- Experience managing teams, projects, developing employees and achieving results through others
- Knowledge of financial reporting and data mining platforms
- Proven ability to foster teamwork and build a positive working culture.
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Analytical with attention to detail and the ability to negotiate soundly
- Team-oriented and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.