|Reports To||Senior Manager of Accounting|
The Financial Accountant is responsible for reporting on our financial results and managing various objectives related to finance and accounting. This position involves both general accounting and financial analysis functions and reports to the Senior Accounting Manager.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Assist in the month-end reporting process, including preparing journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis, following up on queries identified during the financial statement review and preparing financial reporting packages
- Liaise with other departments and support them in account coding, analysis and interpreting variances related to their areas
- Cash flow analysis and short-term forecasting
- Capital expenditure modelling and analysis, including lease/buy determinations
- Accounting system maintenance; extracts to/from general ledger
- Preparing government & regulatory compliance and reporting
- Internal control design and testing; assist in maintaining policy and procedure documentation for financial and accounting processes
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Audit support at year end and for various other government reports
- Ad hoc finance projects and other duties as assigned.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Accounting designation (CPA, CGA preferred) or nearing completion of same combined with post-secondary education with a specialty in Accounting or Business Administration
- 5 or more years of related general accounting experience in a complex environment (preferably manufacturing)
- Experience working with multiple entities in a multi-currency environment
- Ability to identify and solve problems and make decisions based on quantitative analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners
- Knowledge of ERP systems and ability to work well with others
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and with competing priorities.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and openness to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.