|Reports To||Accounting Manager |
The Financial Accountant will report directly to the Accounting Manager and will be part of the team responsible for month-end close, accurate bookkeeping, account reconciliations and analysis.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Perform monthly and year-end accounting close procedures, including collaboration with plant personnel, preparation of standard entries, accruals and other adjusting entries, running and analyzing reports, etc.
- Performance of account analytics
- Preparation of sales/commodity tax returns
- Regulatory reporting for a variety of government entities
- Liaising with external auditors in performance of interim and annual audit of financial statements
- Periodic review and testing of internal controls
- Ad hoc reporting and other duties as assigned.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Accounting designation (CPA, CGA preferred) or nearing completion of same combined with post-secondary education with a specialty in Accounting or Business Administration
- 3 or more years of related general accounting experience in a complex environment (preferably manufacturing)
- Experience working with multiple entities in a multi-currency environment
- Possesses a strong systems background and excellent analytical skills
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of ERP systems and ability to work well with others
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and with competing priorities.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and openness to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.