Financial Analyst – Contract
|Reports To||Finance and Lean Manager|
This position is responsible for all financial consolidation and analysis related to the export fuel strategy for the Chatham plant. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for tracking inputs, product movement, inventory, and export shipments. This role will further provide support to the Finance department including invoicing, month end reports, and financial reporting. This role is a one-year contract.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirement
- Responsible for maintaining a mass balance for a major product stream
- Record entry and complete analysis of consumption, receipts and inventory
- Responsible for tracking shipments in transit and providing updates on carrier delays to stakeholders
- Complete reconciliation of inventories on a weekly basis
- Identify and document intercompany transfer volumes
- Calculate carryover volumes in compliance with our sustainability program
- Document export shipment details and complete monthly reconciliation of inventory
- Consolidate data, analyze metrics and report on findings to the Finance and Lean Manager
- Act as a resource for regulatory activities onsite by preparing information for reporting purposes and assisting in regulatory audits
- Reconcile and post agri-products and CO2 shipments for monthly invoicing
- Responsible for collecting month end deliverables from internal departments including agri, chemicals, quality assurance, and production
- Complete municipal wastewater reporting, StatCan surveys, and ad-hoc financial reports
- Report on KPIs to create efficiencies, streamline processes, minimize reporting errors
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and advocating 5S opportunities within facility
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, VSM, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Completion of an Accounting and/or Business diploma or degree
- Three to five years of relevant business and analysis experience is preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills required
- Must be able to collect, gather, visualize, consolidate, and analyse information from multiple sources
- Competent at managing competing priorities under varying deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office systems.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- Team-oriented with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Self-motivated individual who is able to self-direct workload and priorities to create efficiencies, and can anticipate future obstacles and act to resolve issues within their scope of responsibility
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.