Financial Planning & Analyst Manager
|Reports To||Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis|
The Financial Analyst Manager reports to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”). This role will be transforming the role of finance within Greenfield Global, driving the development of business and financial analytics, and providing guidance and decision support mainly to the Specialty Chemicals and Ingredients (“SC&I”) business unit. The role will support the growing high purity alcohol, specialty chemicals and solvents business, by providing strategic and financial decision support to the SC&I management team. The role will drive a robust rolling forecast and strategic planning process, represent finance in senior management meetings and provide insights and recommendations to grow the profitability and returns of the business unit.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Coordinate and manage the overall SC&I financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes by working closely with the business unit sales, operations and finance teams and the Corporate FP&A team
- Setting up planning templates, creating charts, graphs and analysis; preparing commentary and financial presentations for management
- Work with the Corporate FP&A team and the SC&I business unit to create financial models, and design and implement integrated management reporting using Vena Solutions and PowerBI, our Corporate Performance Management software
- Support capex planning and forecasting, and business case development
- Provide guidance and support in the implementation of a new ERP system (Navision to D365)
- Consolidate and assess financial plans at a corporate level
- Work with the finance and business teams to analyze and understand monthly business results. Produce and present standard monthly reporting for management including revenue and cost analysis, perform budget reviews (actual vs. budget) forecasting, business analytics (pricing and cost factors), business profitability analysis, product profitability analysis, and product costing analysis
- Identify and execute against ad hoc analytical projects that deepen business insight and drive value to the business. Provide general analytical and process support to the business
- Identify, quantify and address risks and opportunities to business results
- Identify and eliminate inefficiencies and collaborate with other departments in process improvement.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance. Advanced degree or certification (MBA or CPA) is preferred
- Extremely strong Excel skills and an expert in understanding databases. Requires knowledge of business intelligence systems (Vena Solutions and PowerBI are preferred). Ability to build detailed business models
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems (Microsoft D365 is preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years of prior analytical and finance experience supporting a mid to large size organization
- Excellent communications skills are key for success in this role. It requires the ability to build credibility and constructive relationships cross-functionally at all levels in the organization
- Strong initiative and analytical skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Preparation and presentation of monthly internal financial statements. Ensure reporting is timely and accurate
- Requires occasional travel.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and openness to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.