The Jr. Production Engineer focuses on production, maximizing the technical performance of the operating facility. This individual will continually analyze plant processes and responsible for trials specifically through the distillation and dryer areas in order to identify and implement initiatives that will improve throughput, efficacy, energy consumption, cost performance, product quality, safety and environmental performance.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Safeguard all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Support team members providing timely and constructive feedback
- Develops a thorough knowledge of each process area, and the interrelationship between process areas, from the perspectives of chemical reactions, raw material consumption, mass and energy balance.
- Develops, builds and enhances operator knowledge and experience through team-based, participative improvement initiatives and technical training. Where appropriate will provide technical support for automated electronic training programs.
- Identifies Capex opportunities to debottleneck current processes and provides basic engineering design to the Process and Innovation group, developing business cases when required.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and advocating 5S opportunities within facility.
- Acts as the department lead for the operating of the distillation unit, recommending operational changes, short and long term projects to increase the throughput and efficiency of the plant.
- Develops and executes plant trials in the distillation operating area using DOE and LSS methodologies.
- Responsible for data analysis in distillation for process investigations, cost and quality improvements.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the operations area P&IDs.
- Processes lot transfers to determine accuracy to ensure correct tracking of daily production numbers.
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.