This position is responsible for the long term optimization of existing and future technology for the Chatham Plant, the analysis of plant processes, and performs trials in order to identify and implement initiatives that will improve: throughput, yield, energy consumption, cost performance, product quality, safety and environmental performance. This role is a contract position into the year 2021 with the potential of extension.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
• Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
• Develop a thorough knowledge of each process area, and the interrelationship between process areas, from the perspectives of chemical reactions, raw material consumption, mass and energy balance while maintaining a thorough knowledge of industry standards
• Provide technical assistance to the production team for trouble-shooting, problem solving and continuous improvement activities
• Support the production team; develop, build and enhance operator knowledge and experience through team-based, participative improvement initiatives and technical training
• Work with chemical, equipment suppliers and the research and development team to develop and maintain best-in-class operating procedures and to optimize the performance of their products
• Prepare financial justification for assigned capital improvements and/or manage assigned projects to ensure that projects deliver the desired results and are completed safely, timely and within the approved budget costs
• Maintain the necessary documentation to support project initiatives including: project timelines, progress reports, PID’s, operating and maintenance procedures
• In the case of a major CAPEX project, responsible for the design of the project, establishing the KPIs, liaison with the engineering group and external consultants, design of the optimization plan and the EBIDTA project post audit
• Responsible for the MOC workflow for implementing, maintaining and training users
• Responsible for process optimization trial by designing the DOE, extracting and analyzing data, and redacting a final report with conclusion and recommendations
• Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and advocating 5S opportunities within facility
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review
• Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering with P. Eng. Designation, or working towards
• Five years of related experience. Prior leadership experience is an asset
• Competent person who is knowledgeable of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and regulations
• Resourceful and practical, with demonstrated problem solving and decision making capabilities
• Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands
• Focused individual who maintains safety standards while working to achieve business objectives.