Laboratory Technician – 1 Year Contract
|Reports To||QA/ QC Coordinator|
The Laboratory Technician role is part of the Brampton’s Quality department. The successful candidate will perform the various tasks required to ensure that products manufactured at the Brampton Packaging Facility are monitored regularly and manufactured according to specifications.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Sets up, adjusts, operates and maintains laboratory equipment used in quality testing and process control
- Performs a wide range of lab tests to determine if products conform to applicable requirements and specifications
- Records QC testing results in appropriate manner as required and signs off in appropriate sections of batch records and C of A’s, as required
- Rejects incoming materials and in- process and finished goods if nonconformity with the specification is identified
- Provides QC release of products for shipment to customers if product conforms to specifications
- Obtains samples of incoming raw materials and performs quality testing on them
- Receives and inspects raw packaging materials for conformity with requirements, as well as, visually inspects finished packaged goods to verify that labels, markings, cleanliness, and condition are satisfactory
- Assists in the maintenance of the calibration program for laboratory equipment
- Operates package labeling software and printer and ensures accuracy in the resulting labels
- Cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment as necessary, and performs housekeeping in the lab and sample retain area and areas in which lab supplies and lab waste materials are stored
- Adheres to and fully complies with the company’s Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Procedures
- Performs such testing as required to confirm conformity of product with pharmacopoeia compendial requirements (USP/EP/BP/JP) and shelf life claims
- Ensures that inventories of unexpired reagents, labels, customer sample kits, GC compressed gases, consumable spare parts for QC equipment etc. that are used in the QC function are maintained at levels such that they don’t run out
- Aids in packaging operations from time to time, and operates process equipment in a safe and efficient manner while processing alcohols and solvents
- Other duties as assigned.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Post-secondary education in food science, chemistry or microbiology
- 3-5 years of related experience in a laboratory setting is an asset
- Knowledge of GMP and ISO standards
- Experience in a continuous and batch process environment is an asset.
- Self-starter individual with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Individual with excellent communication skills who promotes a team environment
- Strong computer skills are required
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect and commitment coupled with the ability to accept change.