Laboratory Technician – 12 to 18 Month Contract
|Reports To||QA Manager|
Greenfield is looking for a Laboratory Technician (contract) to join our growing team.
This position is responsible for the quality assurance of Industrial Alcohol and Co-products, and in-process testing. The Laboratory Technician works in a safe, efficient and environmentally responsible manner to ensure that products manufactured at the Chatham plant facility meet internal and customer quality specifications.
Please note this is a 12 to 18 month contract role.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Self-motivated and engaged individual who is able to balance workload, priorities and acts to resolve issues within their scope of responsibility.
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation and agility.
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change
- Completion of post-secondary education with a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, diploma in Chemical Laboratory Technology or related discipline.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge of cGMP and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) would be an asset.
- Quality and customer focus, with an ability to deliver positive and professional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to self-manage multiple priorities with competing demands.
- Comply with all GGI Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality and Food/Feed Safety Policies and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Operate, standardize, calibrate and maintain laboratory instrumentation.
- Perform a range of lab tests to determine if Alcohol and Co-Products conform to ISO specifications and customer requirements.
- Release, post and create final product Bill of Lading and Certificate of Analysis in ERP software.
- Follow ISO Control Plans for in-coming, in-process materials and alcohol shipments issue non-conformances or reject, if required.
- Adhere to all Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations.
- Monitor in-process mashing, fermentation and alcohol sensory/storage parameters to support Operations.
- Accurately perform measurements, calibration checks and maintain records of alcohol in storage and shipped, as required by Canada Revenue Agency – Excise Branch.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping pursuant to Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, New Product Introduction (NPI), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Management of Change (MOC), HAZOP and Pre-Start Safety Review (PSSR).
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.