|Reports To||Chief Scientist and Head of Research and Development|
This position is responsible for conducting testing using standard and complex procedures for plant improvement projects in a safe, efficient and environmentally responsible manner.
*Please note this is a contract position.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Comply with all environmental health and safety policies, applicable regulatory requirements, and internal laboratory procedures.
- Obtain samples of incoming materials, process streams and effluents for analytical testing, process control and product development.
- Set up, adjust, operate, standardize, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment utilized in analytical testing, process development and improvement.
- Perform a wide range of laboratory tests to support specific research projects.
- Collect test data and create related files and records.
- Prepare solutions, reagents or media for prescribed experiments and testing.
- Apply standard quality control procedures to assure accuracy of test results.
- Prepares reports, including graphs and charts, of test results.
- Maintain a supply inventory of chemicals and materials.
- Responsible for housekeeping and cleaning of the lab.
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Completion of post-secondary education in food science, chemistry or microbiology.
- One to two years of related experience in a laboratory setting.
- Knowledge of GC and LC analysis is an asset.
- Experience in a research environment is an asset.
- Positive and team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and engaged individual who acts to resolve issues within their scope of responsibility.
- Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to self-manage multiple priorities with competing demands.
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation and agility.
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and open to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities.
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.