Laboratory Technician (Contract)
|Reports To||QA Manager|
This position is responsible for the quality assurance of Industrial Alcohol and Co-products, and in-process testing. The Laboratory Technician works in a safe, efficient and environmentally responsible manner to ensure that products manufactured at the Chatham plant facility meet internal and customer quality specifications
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Comply with all GGI Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality and Food/Feed Safety Policies and applicable regulatory requirements
- Operate, standardize, calibrate and maintain laboratory instrumentation
- Perform a range of lab tests to determine if Alcohol and Co-Products conform to ISO specifications and customer requirements
- Release, post and create final product Bill of Lading and Certificate of Analysis in ERP software
- Follow ISO Control Plans for in-coming, in-process materials and alcohol shipments issue non-conformances or reject, if required
- Adhere to all Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations
- Monitor in-process mashing, fermentation and alcohol sensory/storage parameters to support Operations
- Accurately perform measurements, calibration checks and maintain records of alcohol in storage and shipped, as required by Canada Revenue Agency – Excise Branch
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping pursuant to Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, New Product Introduction (NPI), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Management of Change (MOC), HAZOP and Pre-Start Safety Review (PSSR)
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Completion of post-secondary education with a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, diploma in Chemical Laboratory Technology or related discipline.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge of cGMP and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) would be an asset.
- Quality and customer focus, with an ability to deliver positive and professional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to self-manage multiple priorities with competing demands.
- Demonstrate commitment to environmental health and safety, production targets and quality standards
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments.
- Self-motivated and engaged individual who is able to balance workload, priorities and acts to resolve issues within their scope of responsibility.
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.