Laboratory Technician – Contract
|Department||Innovation & Supply Chain|
|Reports To||Laboratory Coordinator and Chief Scientist & Head of Development|
This position is responsible for conducting testing using standard and complex procedures for plant improvement projects in a safe, efficient and environmentally responsible manner. This position is a contract position for a period of 19 months.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Comply with all environmental health and safety policies, applicable regulatory requirements, and internal laboratory procedures
- Ob0tain samples of incoming materials, process streams and effluents for analytical testing, process control and product development
- Set up, adjust, operate, standardize, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment utilized in analytical testing, process development and improvement
- Perform a wide range of laboratory tests to support specific research projects
- Collect test data and create related files and records
- Prepare solutions, reagents or media for prescribed experiments and testing
- Apply standard quality control procedures to assure accuracy of test results
- Prepares reports, including graphs and charts, of test results
- Maintain a supply inventory of chemicals and materials
- Responsible for housekeeping and cleaning of the lab
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Completion of post-secondary education in food science, chemistry or microbiology
- One to two years of related experience in a laboratory setting
- Knowledge of GC and LC analysis is an asset
- Experience in a research environment is an asset
- Positive and team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and high attention to detail
- Self-motivated and engaged individual who acts to resolve issues within their scope of responsibility
- Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to self-manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and openness to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.