This position is responsible for the quality assurance of all alcohol products and works to ensure that the products are manufactured according to quality and customer specifications and in a safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible manner at the Chatham plant facility. A Laboratory Technician is responsible for monitoring alcohol products regularly and taking corrective action should a product not meet the required specifications.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Perform a range of lab tests to determine if product conforms to applicable requirements and specifications
- Set up, adjust, operate, standardize, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment
- Responsible for final product release to customer through approvals of Certificates of Analysis
- Monitor levels of in process materials for testing to specifications and use analysis to support operations
- Reject incoming materials or alcohol ready for shipment if nonconformity within specifications is identified
- Perform shipping calculations and complete alcohol shipment documentation
- Perform calculations and maintain records as required by Revenue Canada – Excise Branch and plant requirements in regards to the quantity of alcohol produced, shipped and stored at the Chatham plant facility
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and recommending 5S opportunities for facility
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.