This position will install, maintain and repair electrical systems, apparatus, electrical components and safety interlocks of machinery and equipment. A Maintenance I&E Technician will be responsible for the instrumentation calibration, assisting with maintenance programs, and will focus on improvements and upgrades for the plant facility electrical and instrumentation systems.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements, and ensure that all work follows all applicable codes and regulations including the current National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Test, diagnose, repair or replace electrical components including transformers, motors, relays, switches, sensors, circuit boards and lighting fixtures
- Install and terminate wiring and conduit for new or replacement equipment and update P&ID’s as necessary
- Program electronic devices, diagnose malfunctions, and tune instrument operation
- Maintain process control equipment such as control valves and positioners, differential pressure transmitters, magnetic flow meters, temperature transmitters, other flow measuring devices, analytical, and weighing devices, Controllers, PLCs, and DCS hardware
- Interpret one-line diagrams, PLC ladder logic, control loop drawings and P&ID’s
- Plan, organize, and provide the layout to install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus within the facility
- Perform routine service on electrical equipment as part of the preventative maintenance program
- Complete work orders through Mapcon by recording accurate data, submitting service requests, removing spare parts from inventory, and tracking equipment history
- Maintain records and line diagrams of work performed, materials and resources used in new installations and maintenance of the plant facility in accordance with MOC procedures
- Participate in the planning and completion of project work and shutdown work for electrical equipment
- Able to operate mobile equipment, and work at heights including zoom booms, man lifts, and harness work
- Adheres to all applicable Occupational Health & Safety Act site safety procedures and policies
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and recommending 5S opportunities for facility
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review
- On-call coverage as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking individual who can self-direct workload and priorities, and acts to create efficiencies and resolve issues within their scope of responsibility
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.