|Reports To||Production Supervisor|
This is a diverse function that includes maintenance of equipment, facilities and all supporting components: pumps, meters, conveyors, rails, couplings, filters, hoses, electrical switches, air compressors, dock equipment, and facility.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Maintain, fix, and improve equipment used in Production, Warehouse and Bulk Operations.
- Ensure gates, fences, parking lots, loading docks, doors, rail tracks, tank farm and installations are functioning properly and well lit
- Repair or work with contractors to maintain mechanical, electrical, and structural components
- Work on PLC, manual switches, and electric motors
- Plan, organize and lead preventive maintenance (PM) on all equipment.
- Planning of PM of all the moving pieces and project work
- Proactive maintenance to minimize equipment downtime
- Reactive maintenance on production lines to recover from component failure
- Monitor equipment and locate sources of problems by observing and listening
- Observe the process and initiate/own activities to improve processes
- Creative problem solving to perform equipment improvements
- Train, support and participate in any Lean or process improvement initiatives.
- Utilize Maintenance tracking software to log and track PMs and WOs
- Maintain ISO and cGMP documentation as required
- Maintain inventory of supplies, spare parts and consumables by working directly with vendors
- Good communication skills with team members and all other business areas
- Create and maintain a process to communicate with off shifts; Board, Emails, etc.
- Work with the team of production supervisors to meet the daily schedule requirements.
- Assist management in supervising any projects related to retrofitting equipment, adding equipment, installations, commissioning of new equipment, etc.
- Assist the supervisor in improving the productivity and efficiency of the operation
- Assist and supervise contractors ensuring their compliance with company safety and regulatory SOPs
- Operate a forklift as needed to complete duties
- Light fabrication, machine and pump tear down/repair and assembly
- Work with Project Manager on Capital Projects
- Support general facilities maintenance.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Electrical and PLC fundamental knowledge preferred
- Previous ISO, cGMP and Lean experience a plus
- Must have experience using computer and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently, as well as with multiple departments
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Proven attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be organized
- Must have a great attitude and be a team player
- Some repairs are going to be done on weekends or off shift so must be flexible.
- Required to maintain tool inventory
- Supervisory skills needed.
- Sign off for contractor work done in buildings, installations and equipment.
- Physical requirements are consistent with the function, able to perform the job lifting, bending, twisting, and working at floor level.
- Must be able to use tools, lift equipment, ladders, work in tight spaces
- Required to lift 40 to 50 pounds
- S. Degree or equivalent required.
- Self-starter individual with strong attention to detail
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect and commitment coupled with the ability to accept change.