Under the supervision of the Operations Coordinator, the Maintenance Mechanic repairs and maintains machinery, mechanical equipment and assets such as boilers/steam generators, compressed natural gas loading and unloading equipment, hammermills, cookers, fermenters, pumps, piping, blowers, augers, air compressors, air dryers, evaporators, centrifuges, motors, agitators, pneumatic equipment, bucket elevator, control valves and instrumentation, distillation columns, reboilers, condensers, cooling towers, molecular sieve units, tanks, filter, water demineralizer, buildings, foundations, structure etc., by performing the following duties in coordination with the departments(s) affected by the work in an efficient, safe and environmentally conscious manner. This is a 40 hour per week day shift position and the successful candidate must be able to rotate on an “on-call” schedule.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Evaluates the condition of mechanical devices in operation by checking calibration, listening to their sounds, verifying pressures, temperatures etc.
- Performs routine servicing on the above types of mechanical equipment as part of the Preventative Maintenance program.
- Performs non-routine servicing on the above types of equipment when they fail or when otherwise required.
- Examines parts to detect imperfections prior to use of new parts and following use, to determine wearing tendencies and determines what changes may be required to extend service life.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts, installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Operates devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Works closely with the Maintenance & Engineering Systems Technician communicating purchasing needs and other information as required.
- Maintains files and records of jobs performed and equipment condition as required.
- Reports deviations, non-conformances, corrective actions and preventive actions.
- Adheres to and participates in the Company’s Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety ISO systems.
- Adheres to all safety policies and requirements as prescribed.