Working in our Johnstown Plant, the incumbent will be part of a group of skilled tradespeople who maintain machinery, mechanical equipment and assets in coordination with stakeholders affected by the work, in an efficient, safe and environmentally conscious manner. Assets include: hammer mills, fermenters, pumps, piping, blowers, augers, air compressors, air dryers, evaporators, centrifuges, motors, agitators, pneumatic equipment, bucket elevator, conveyors, control valves and instrumentation, distillation columns, heat exchangers, cooling towers, molecular sieve units, tanks, office and plant building structure, etc.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot, and repair industrial equipment within the plant to ensure the ongoing and reliable operation of plant equipment and systems
- Assess, report on, promote, and carry-out process improvement initiatives, specifically related to machine and/or system reliability and improved performance
- Contribute to the development of a predictive and preventive maintenance program, carry-out maintenance activities, and replacement or repair of defective parts, components or system performance testing
- Up-keep of maintenance and parts records using a computerized maintenance management system (Maximo)
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Evaluate condition of mechanical devices in operation by checking calibration, listening to their sounds, verifying pressures, temperatures etc.
- Examine parts to detect imperfections prior to use of new parts, and following use, to determine wearing tendencies and ascertain what changes may be required to extend service life
- Direct and lead contractors during plant shutdowns and at other times as needed
- Work in a self-directed manner by managing time and tasks to complete work assigned
- Champion and implement at least one continuous improvement activity each year
- Champion a World Class Maintenance tool such as Vibration or Ultrasonic analysis
- Act as the shipper/receiver for the maintenance department as needed
- Set up and operate drill press, grinders, welders and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts
- Perform pump part & seal replacements using suggested manufacturers recommendations
- Assists in creating PM’s for the mechanical portion of plant equipment
- Assists with the setting up of job plans and the preventative maintenance program
- Inputs all required data and information from work orders in Maximo
- Work closely with the maintenance planner/purchaser communicating purchasing needs and other information as required
- Participate positively in and support compliance of FEMAS, FSMA and any other food and feed safety standard
- Maintain files and records of jobs performed and equipment condition as required
- Report any equipment malfunction or safety concern to his/her supervisor
- Adhere to and fully participate in the Company’s Health & Safety, Environmental and Management System
- Works as a member of a team and/or individually to achieve all outcomes
- Participate in cross-functional teams for RCA, PSSR, CI Projects, Outages and other committees.
Work after hours and be available for “on-call” as required to support plant operations.