Maintenance Millwright (Contract 6 to 12 Months)
Greenfield is looking for a Maintenance Millwright to join our growing team.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Coordinator, maintain machinery and mechanical equipment and assets such as hammer mills, fermenters, pumps, piping, blowers, augers, air compressors, air dryers, evaporators, centrifuges, motors, agitators, pneumatic equipment, bucket elevator, conveyors, control valves and instrumentation, distillation columns, heat exchangers, cooling towers, molecular sieve units, tanks, office and plant building structure, etc., by performing the following duties in coordination with the department(s) affected by the work, and in an efficient, safe and environmentally conscious manner.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
- Communicate competently in both oral and written form, including routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to compile and interpret vast quantities of data.
- Can read, interpret, prepare or assist in the preparation of documents.
- Able to clearly describe problems to co-workers, operators and contractors.
- Clearly describe problems to co-workers, operators and contractors.
- Interpret mechanical and civil drawings and sketches.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Positive attitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current Ontario Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) 443A, or equivalent education and experience. Will consider an apprentice.
- Previous experience with Maximo is an asset or other maintenance management system.
- Within area of responsibility, positively support goals and objectives in the areas of Safety, Environment, Product Quality and Consistency, Customer Service, ISO compliance, FSMA compliance, FEMAS compliance, FSSC, ISCC compliance, Internal Supplier Relationships, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participate positively in and support compliance of FEMAS, FSMA and any other food and feed safety standard.
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot, and repair industrial equipment within the plant to ensure the ongoing and reliable operation of plant equipment and systems.
- Assess, report on, promote, and carry-out process improvement initiatives, specifically with regard to machine and/or system reliability and improved performance.
- Contribute to the development of a predictive and preventive maintenance program, carry-out maintenance activities, and replacement or repair of defective parts, components or system performance testing.
- Up-keep of maintenance and parts records using a computerized maintenance management system (Maximo).
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Evaluate condition of mechanical devices in operation by checking calibration, listening to their sounds, verifying pressures, temperatures etc.
- Examine parts to detect imperfections prior to use of new parts, and also following use, to determine wearing tendencies and ascertain what changes may be required to extend service life.
- Direct and lead contractors during plant shutdowns and at other times as needed.
- Work in a self-directed manner by managing time and tasks to complete work assigned.
- Act as the shipper/receiver for the maintenance department as needed.
- Set up and operate drill press, grinders, welders and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Perform pump part & seal replacements using suggested manufactures recommendations.
- Assists in creating PM’s for the mechanical portion of plant equipment.
- Assists with the setting up of job plans and the preventative maintenance program.
- Inputs all required data and information from work orders in Maximo.
- Work closely with the maintenance planner/purchaser communicating purchasing needs and other information as required.
- Maintain files and records of jobs performed and equipment condition as required.
- Report any equipment malfunction or safety concern to his/her supervisor.
- Adhere to and fully participate in the Company’s Health & Safety, Environmental and Management System.
- Other duties as assigned.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.