|Reports To||Maintenance Manager|
This position will work to safely install, maintain and repair mechanical systems, equipment and safety features of machinery and equipment. The Maintenance Millwright will be responsible for the mechanical equipment setup and assisting with maintenance programs. The equipment used includes but is not limited to drill press, grinders, welders, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts, as well as forklift, man-lift, zoom boom, bobcat, motorized lifting devices, and overhead cranes to perform regular duties.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Test, diagnose, repair, replace and install new or replacement equipment and parts as required
- Plan, organize, and provide the layout for the installation of new equipment within the facility
- Evaluate conditions of mechanical devices in operation by checking calibration, listen to sounds, verifying pressures, temperatures, and use of condition based maintenance tools as provided
- Perform routine service on plant equipment as part of the preventative maintenance program, including equipment repair and replacement, adjustments, lubrication, and cleaning
- Complete work orders through Maximo by recording accurate date, submitting service requests, removing spare parts from inventory, and tracking equipment history
- Maintain records of work performed, materials and resources used in new installations and maintenance of the plant facility in accordance to MOC procedures
- Participate in the planning and completion of project work and shutdown work for mechanical equipment
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and recommending 5S opportunities for facility
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Completion of the Industrial Millwright Trade Certificate
- Minimum of five years hands-on technical experience within a continuous process facility would be an asset
- Experience CMMS such as Maximo system would be an asset
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Competent at managing multiple priorities with varying complexity and competing demands
- Focused individual who maintains safety standards while working to achieve department objectives.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking individual who is able to self-direct workload and priorities, and acts to create efficiencies and resolve issues within their scope of responsibility
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.