|Reports To||Maintenance and Projects Manager|
Greenfield is looking for a Maintenance Planner to join our growing team.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance and Projects Manager, the Maintenance Planner plans and coordinates the activities of maintenance, contractors, and operations employees engaged in repairs, maintenance and installation of plant equipment. This position will be responsible for planning the maintenance of the facilities, buildings, grounds and utility systems to ensure that alcohol is manufactured in a continuously efficient, safe and environmentally conscious manner.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
- Team-oriented with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Have the ability to read and interpret technical documents, equipment drawings/manuals and P&ID’s
- Comfortable working as part of a group.
- Possess the ability to write technical reports, operating procedures and correspondence for a variety of sources
- Strong organization skills.
- Completion of a related technical post-secondary diploma / degree
- Experience in a continuous operation facility is an asset
- Competent in the use of planning tools such as visual planner and Microsoft Project
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID’s.
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Lead the weekly planning meeting and provide daily permit requests to affected departments
- Plan, schedule, prioritize and track all work orders including service request work orders and preventative maintenance work orders in close consultation with the Maintenance and Projects Manager and other managers from each department
- Creates a rolling work order schedule for the plant for PM’s and break in work; reports on a weekly/monthly basis on work activities using the CMMS
- Distribute work to maintenance tradespeople and outside contractors and work closely with them to ensure all work can be carried out in a safe and timely manner
- Ensure all follow-up work orders are generated following the PM completion
- Plan, schedule and prioritize all shutdown activities
- Determine validity and scope of work requests. Give sufficient information on work order (including drawings, etc.) so that tradesmen can quickly determine scope and direction of work. Upon approval, ensure all necessary parts are ordered or in stock using department resources as necessary
- Maintain the maintenance backlog
- Prepare orders for outside services (contractors) and equipment rentals
- Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System (MAXIMO) to ensure that up to date records of work including preventative & predictive maintenance records, are maintained
- Using the CMMS, contributes to establishing acceptable spare parts inventory levels based on frequency of usage, criticality of equipment, and delivery time
- With the assistance of the Chief Operating Engineer, is responsible for pressure vessel and safety valve maintenance and control in collaboration with the plant maintenance department
- Assists in developing and maintaining relations with suppliers with regards to maintenance, involving direct communication with suppliers.
- Occasional backup for the Reliability Specialist (for absences).
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.