Manager of Financial Reporting
|Reports To||Director of Finance|
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Manager of Financial Reporting will lead and improve our monthly and annual financial reporting process, prepare a full set of consolidated financial statements and business unit reporting packages to senior management, and provide ad-hoc analysis to support key decision-making. The role requires someone who is highly motivated, deadline driven, and committed for continuous process improvement.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Prepare monthly financial reporting by business unit with commentary on results, comparing actuals to budget, forecast and prior year, and investigate any drivers of significant variances
- Responsible for various management reporting packages for different business units and entities
- Prepare annual consolidated financial statements, including note disclosures and quarterly MD&A
- Plan for interim and annual external audit and liaise with the auditors
- With input from the Director of Finance, responsible for the formulation of accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Foster a positive work environment; help train and develop staff
- Coordinate with Accounting team on month-end close and help resolve reporting issues
- Play an active role in finance related projects (ERP implementation, systems and process improvements, Finance initiatives and ad-hoc projects)
- Assist the FP&A team with the annual budget and rolling forecast process
- Assist with treasury management and tax compliance
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related program
- CPA designation is required, preferably “big 4” trained or similar
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Have a minimum of five years financial reporting & accounting experience
- Have a minimum of one year of management level experience
- Must be proficient in presenting data and documenting variance analysis
- Strong results-oriented management skills; able to prioritize and organize work effectively in a fast-paced environment to deliver on tight timelines with strong attention to detail and high accuracy
- Experience working with accounting software (such as Microsoft Navision or D365) would be considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to work with other department heads
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Continuous process improvement mindset
- Customer service orientation
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in a high-volume, multi-location organization
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and open to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.