|Reports To||Production and Maintenance Manager|
Under the supervision of the Production and Maintenance Manager, the Millwright installs, maintains and repairs mechanical systems, apparatus, and safety interlocks of machinery and equipment, by performing the following duties in coordination with the departments affected by the work, in an efficient, safe, environmentally conscious manner following all department set by the company and the government of Ontario.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot, and repair industrial equipment within the plant to ensure the ongoing and reliable operation of plant equipment and systems
- Assess, report on, promote, and carry-out process improvement initiatives, specifically with regard to machine and/or system reliability and improved performance
- Maintain the preventive maintenance program, carry-out maintenance activities, and replacement or repair of defective parts, components or system performance testing
- Up-keep of maintenance and parts records using a computerized maintenance management system (Maximo)
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Evaluate condition of instrumentation devices in operation by checking calibration, listening to their sounds, verifying pressures, temperatures etc.
- Examine parts to detect imperfections prior to use of new parts, and also following use, to determine wearing tendencies and ascertain what changes may be required to extend service life
- Direct and lead contractors during plant shutdowns and at other times as needed.
- Work in a self-directed manner by managing time and tasks to complete work assigned.
- Champion and implement at least one continuous improvement activity each year.
- Act as the shipper/receiver for the maintenance department as needed.
- Perform part replacements using suggested manufacturer recommendations
- Assist in creating PM’s plant equipment
- Assist with the setting up of job plans and the preventative maintenance program
- Input all required data and information from work orders in Maximo
- Maintain files and records of jobs performed and equipment condition as required
- Take part in the performance of project work as required
- Maintain files, records, line diagrams, etc. of electrical and instrumentation equipment and installations
- Reports any equipment or safety violation to his/her supervisor
- Adheres to and fully participates in the Company’s Health & Safety, Environmental and Management System
- Other duties as assigned.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- High School Diploma or Post-Secondary in a related field
- Millwright license
- 7-10 years of experience
- Communicate competently both oral and written form
- Compile and interpret vast quantities of data
- Read, interpret, prepare, or assist in the preparation of documents
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Clearly describe problems to co-workers, operators, and contractors
- Interpret mechanical and civil drawings and sketches
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to use e-mail effectively for companywide communications.
- Self-starter individual with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Individual with excellent communication skills who promotes a team environment
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect and commitment coupled with the ability to accept change.