|Reports To||Production Manager|
The Operations Coordinator works closely with the Production and Maintenance team to see that production targets and department objectives are achieved while optimizing the efficiency of all planned downtime. This individual oversees the Process Operator Progression System and leads Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Support department objectives and lead continuous improvement initiatives; foster collaboration with team members to achieve desired results and in a manner aligned to our core values and principles
- Coach, mentor, support, and develop team members, providing timely and constructive feedback
- Assist the production manager in directing the work of the process operators on a day to day basis
- Backfill for the production manager during vacation periods and as required
- Monitor the process on a day to day basis to ensure production is in line with current production goals, sales demands, outage requirements and quality specifications
- Work closely with all Production Team Leaders to focus all teams on achieving the same goals and targets
- Responsible for coordinating and planning all aspects of plant outages related to production. Work closely with Maintenance Planner, shutdown team, and Process Operators to optimize the efficiency of all planned outages focusing on plant reliability, reduced downtime and safe and efficient outages. Is the operations leader for both the Major Shutdown and the Beer Column CIP that occur at the plant each year
- Responsible for creating, updating and overseeing the Operator Training Plan, including the department SOP’s and training material with the support of the Production Team Leaders and Process Operators
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the Operator Training Plan to promote training efficiency so that operators progress through the system at an effective and appropriate pace
- Ensure trainees have demonstrated complete competency before progressing to the next training level and ensure all skills are maintained as defined in the Operator Training Plan
- Responsible for the commissioning and employee training for any new projects that affect the operations department
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and advocating 5S opportunities within facility
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma in a technical field
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience. Experience in a continuous operation facility and prior leadership experience would be preferred
- Competent person who is knowledgeable of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and regulations
- Resourceful and practical, with demonstrated problem solving and decision making capabilities
- Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Focused individual who maintains safety standards while working to achieve business objectives.
- Leads by example in terms of safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- Embraces a team approach, and competent at communicating and building rapport with team members while holding people accountable
- Self-motivated individual who anticipates future priorities and challenges, and establishes a technical direction for the department
- Champion and leader of our core principles in that this individual is Collaborative, Agile and Innovative, and Responsible and Dedicated to the business objectives
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.