People & Culture Coordinator
|Department||People & Culture|
|Reports To||People & Culture Manager |
This generalist position is responsible for the People & Culture function for the Brampton packaging plant in the areas of recruitment and onboarding, employee relations, culture and engagement, supporting policy compliance, payroll review and submission and general People & Culture administrative duties.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Work closely with the Plant Manager to foster a culture tied to our company’s Core Principles and Core Values
- An equal member of the leadership team, supporting plant and department goals and initiatives
- Maintain excellent employee relations though regular and routine discussions with
employees in the plant environment
- Coordinate recruitment activities and support the selection process for job vacancies
- Coordinate all materials and equipment in preparation for new team members including computer access and technology required, uniforms, assign key fobs, lockers, mail slot, business cards (if applicable), sign in board and employee emergency list business cards (if applicable), sign in board and employee emergency list
- Lead onboarding activities including scheduling, site tours and introductions, training new employees on various platforms including email access, Dayforce (HRIS program), company intranet, and Concur (expense reimbursement platform). Routine follow up throughout the probationary period to ensure new team member success
- Review payroll timesheets in HRIS for accuracy and input premiums as necessary
- Oversee time away entitlements and work schedules, and act as a liaison for any site payroll matters
- Update monthly KPI trackers for attendance, head count, recruitment, turnover, etc.
- Support site customer and regulatory audits for employment related reviews
- Work in conjunction with EH&S Manager for WSIB documentation, case management and return to work plans
- Oversee site short term disability cases, initiate disability manager claims and oversee return to work plans
- Complete excess hours of work agreements and ensure compliance S
- Support recognition programs for the site
- Oversee site Performance Management program
- Maintain digital signage for P&C communications
- Lead the Employee Relations Committee
- Participate in People & Culture projects for the site, business unit and corporate office as requested
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Human Resources with 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Individual must have high regard for confidentiality and ability to communicate with sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to manage multiple priorities with
- Resourceful and practical with demonstrated problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Bonus Points If You Have Any of These:
- CHRP certificate would be an asset.
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking individual who can self-direct workload and priorities, and acts to create efficiencies and resolve issues within their scope of responsibility
- Possess Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.