|Reports To||General Manager|
Reporting to the General Manager, this position exists to reach for best-in-class performance in costs, materials, energy and other resources that generate maximum value for the Renewable Energy Business Unit by identifying best in class processes and employing innovative engineering solutions. Major focus areas are profitability, reliability and safety systems integrity.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Owns CAPEX stage gate and brings in Greenfield Global Corporate Engineering resources
- Resolves technical issues and challenges that affect plant throughput, quality or efficiency
- Develops scope and participates engineering projects for process improvements
- Establishes a technical direction and 5-year capital plan
- Participates in the annual budgeting process
- Leads and participates in continuous improvement efforts
- Works closely with plant manager(s) to evaluate and prioritize efficiency initiatives
- Keeps industry performance standards and ensures that plants exceed benchmark standards
- Oversees technical content of procedures and control programming for training when needed.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- An Engineering degree with P. Eng. qualification
- 5-10 years of experience in operations of batch specialty chemicals
- Familiar with time studies, Kaizen, VSM and other plant efficiency tools
- Familiarity with fire codes, regulations and best practices of flammable chemicals.
- Develops future vision and gets others to buy into the direction using an appropriate pace for change
- Has an ability to direct communications appropriately to a variety of roles to achieve desired results
- Understands and lives by Greenfield Global values of honesty, integrity, commitment and openness to change
- Knows how to keep Health, Safety and Environment as a high priority
- Has the capacity to handle multiple tasks
- Understands delegation and uses it effectively
- Has an appetite for cleanliness and housekeeping.