Power Engineer / Process Operator
Greenfield is looking for a Process Operator to join our growing team.
A Power Engineer / Process Operator is part of a shift operating team responsible for a variety of process equipment in such a way as to maintain the safe and efficient manufacture of alcohol. Most duties are carried out in a team-based atmosphere with a culture of openness and respect.
The Johnstown Plant produces 252,000,000 litres/year of fuel grade ethanol from corn, using an integrated dry milling, batch fermentation and continuous distillation and evaporation process. Energy requirements are provided by a 1st Class Plant, generating 31,000 Kw and 45,000 kg/hr of steam at 900 kpa through an HRSG. Other energy-related equipment includes twin gas-fired rotary drum driers, 4 centrifuges, economizers, a Thermal Oxidizer, 3 compressors, Micro Filters, RO, softeners, waste water monitoring and RO water filtration units.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
- Safety and Quality minded professional.
- A thinker, eager to learn, self-motivated and a self-starter.
- A hands-on person that contributes to the organization and enjoys working in a plant environment.
- A team player, open-minded and able to work and communicate effectively with individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
- Able to work in a group or alone while maintaining a high level of motivation and drive.
- An empathetic employee who interacts well with and draws the best out of others.
- A high school diploma.
- Technical trade certificate, plus related experience.
- 4th Class TSSA Stationary Engineer certification at minimum would be an asset.
- Communicate competently in both oral and written form.
- Read, interpret and prepare or assist in the preparation of documents such as maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Clearly describe problems to co-workers, operators and management.
- Interpret a variety of instructions communicated in written or oral.
- Ability to use email effectively for communications.
- Open-minded, dedicated and conscientious.
- Willing to ask questions and communicate in an open, positive frame of mind.
- A self-starter that can identify issues and act accordingly independently.
- Able to work with a group of people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in metric units of measure.
- Compute and apply percentages, fractions and ratios to set process parameters as required.
- Understand and interpret graphs.
- Multi-task, able to view and control many variables at the same time.
- Operation and knowledge of a DCS.
- Within area of responsibility, positively support goals and objectives in the areas of Safety, Environment, Product Quality and Consistency, Customer Service, ISO compliance, FSMA compliance, FEMAS compliance, FSSC, ISCC compliance, Internal Supplier Relationships, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participate positively in and support compliance of FEMAS, FSMA and any other food and feed safety standard.
- Participates, adheres to, and fully complies with, the Company’s Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Operates process equipment and performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner to meet established process requirements.
- Monitors the process and makes required adjustments to maintain product quality, production rates, and efficiency.
- Reports deviations and provides input for process improvements. Samples and tests process streams.
- Record data, actions, incidents, instructions, etc., in written or computerized format.
- Cleans and sanitizes process equipment as required.
- Responsible for housekeeping and cleaning of the plant.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of process areas, laboratories, and control rooms. Assists with spills cleanup when necessary.
- Provides technical troubleshooting expertise in the detection and correction of operational problems.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of, and familiarity with, current procedures in all areas of plant for which he/she is qualified.
- Responsible for reviewing logbooks for period absent from work.
- Responsible for recording all required information accurately in logbooks, log sheets, MS Excel, etc.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) studies for key events.
- Review or write procedures as required.
- Complete training as required.
- Actively participates in continuous plant improvements, specifically with personal development.
- Knowledge of and complies with all aspects of the Operator Progression Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.