Process Engineer – 12 Month Contract
|Reports To||Production Manager|
Greenfield is looking for a Process Engineer to join our growing team.
Please note this is a 12 to 14 month contract position.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
- Safety and Quality minded professional
- A thinker, eager to learn, self-motivated and a self-starter
- A hands-on person that contributes to the organization and enjoys working in a plant environment
- A team player, open-minded and able to work and communicate effectively with individuals from a variety of backgrounds
- A person that will dig deeply into details to solve problems and gain understanding of the root cause (not a desk job)
- Able to work in a group or alone while maintaining a high level of motivation and drive.
- An empathetic employee who interacts well with and draws the best out of others.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree, Chemical Discipline preferred
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Ontario or qualified to be registered
- Experience in a continuous operating plant environment would be an asset
- Relevant experience or education in biochemical manufacturing or distillation facilities would be an asset.
- A highly developed ability to read and interpret technical documents, drawings or manuals
- Advanced ability to write technical reports, operating procedures and correspondence for a variety of audiences
- Ability of clearly conveying technical concepts to people of varying abilities and backgrounds
- Comfortable working as part of a group and leading a small group of co-workers.
- Develop an intimate knowledge and understanding of each unit operation as well as the interrelationship between unit operations
- May shift focus as required to either front end of process (Grind to Fermentation) or back end of process (Distillation and Evaporation)
- Provide input and support for a detailed mass and energy model of the various unit operations
- Provide process support for all automation systems (DCS, PLC, BMS)
- Responsible for Advanced Process Control system monitoring and development
- Provide technical assistance to the Plant for troubleshooting, problem solving, capital project integration, and continuous improvement activities
- Review existing processes, analyze available data as well as design and carry out experiments to provide recommendations to optimize the process
- Supports the Operations group and develops, builds and enhances employee knowledge and experience. Provides technical mentoring and teaching to other employees
- Supports the Operations group by performing and/or participating in structured root cause analysis (RCA) sessions on issues
- Supports the Operations group by participating in structured hazard and operability studies (Hazop’s) on new or existing equipment as well as new or existing procedures
- Works with vendors to develop and maintain operating procedures that will optimize the performance of the vendor’s product or service
- Assists in the development of detailed front-end process engineering and financial justifications for capital projects
- Assists in the development of, and compliance with environmental, health and safety procedures and FEMAS feed and food safety standards that are interrelated with plant processes
- Authors and circulates technical reports on plant trials
- Other duties as assigned.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.