Greenfield is looking for a Process Operator to join our growing team.
Under the supervision of the Production Manager, the Process Operator is part of a shift operating team responsible for a variety of process equipment. They are responsible to maintain the safe and efficient manufacturing of alcohol by following standard operating procedures and in accordance with the Operating Engineer Regulation. Most duties are carried out in a team-based atmosphere with a culture of openness and respect. This position is a continental 12-hour shift rotation between days and nights 365 days a year.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
- Post-secondary education requirement with emphasis on trades
- 4th or 3rd Class Operating Engineer Ticket is considered an asset
- Have experience in a 24/7 plant environment
- Operates process equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs testing on process steams in the process, still house and boiler building on a scheduled basis to verify, support and supplement tests being conducted by the shift operators, including corn quality testing, pH, HPLC testing, Yeast counts and balling verification, dilute caustic tank concentration testing and adjustment etc.
- Monitors operations and makes necessary adjustments to maintain equipment and operation within specified ranges.
- Performs start-up, shutdown and other procedures.
- Samples and tests process streams.
- Reports deviations.
- Measures process temperatures, pressures and other parameters in a computerized format
- Cleans and sanitizes process equipment as required.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of process area, laboratories and control rooms.
- Assists with general housekeeping and cleaning.
- Assists with cleaning up spills.
- Visually inspects equipment at regular intervals to detect malfunctions, repair, adjustment or lubrication needs.
- Performs / assists with the receiving and unloading of corn, supplies or ingredients.
- Performs or assists with the loading of wet distiller’s grains and condensed distillers solubles into trucks.
- Assists in maintenance of plant surveillance and security.
- Provides technical troubleshooting expertise in the detection and correction of operational problems.
- Actively participates in production equipment upgrades and new technologies.
- Adheres to and participates in the Company’s Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety ISO systems.
- Adheres to all safety policies and requirements prescribed in GFE-SMS-4.4.6-06 PPE Procedure.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.