Greenfield is looking for a Process Technician to join our growing team.
As part of a team working on relays and on a continuous basis, the Process Technician operates equipment to ensure the safe and efficient manufacture of alcohol. They solve practical problems in collaboration with other team members. He also assumes the responsibilities inherent in a class 4 stationary engineman, in order to meet the distillery’s requirements, all in compliance with health and safety procedures.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
- Communicate satisfactorily verbally, in writing or by radio;
- React effectively to unexpected situations;
- Be comfortable working at heights;
- Be able to work both alone and as part of a team;
- Problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Be able to read, interpret and prepare (or contribute to the preparation of) documents such as operating guides, logs, instruction manuals, etc. ;
- Adhere to, comply with and act in accordance with laws and regulations relating to programs and procedures governing :
- Occupational health & safety
- Quality system and requirements specific to the Varennes distillery
- The Environment system, with a view to developing individual environmental awareness in the performance of daily tasks and actions.
- 8-10 years operating experience in a continuous production plant, or in a related sector (May be more or less depending on the level of the operating position to be filled)
- Practical experience in the use of computer systems
- Participation in operator training program
- Experience in effectively managing health & safety and production issues in a continuous operations environment
- College diploma in chemical processes, industrial chemistry, or equivalent
- Class 4 stationary engineman’s certificate
- Class 2 stationary engineman’s certificate, an asset
- Operate process equipment and perform all functions in a safe and efficient manner;
- Supervise production operations using a variety of computer screens, meters, gauges, recording devices and alarms;
- Supervise the process and make the necessary modifications to maintain product quality;
- Ensure that plant start-ups, shut-downs and other procedures run smoothly to maximize production volumes and product quality;
- Report quality deviations and recommend appropriate improvements, sample and analyze product during processing;
- Measure temperature, pressure and other process parameters in a computerized environment;
- Keep written or computerized records of data, actions, incidents, directives, etc. ;
- Clean and disinfect process equipment as required;
- Ensure that process areas, laboratories and control rooms are clean and disinfected;
- Visually inspect equipment at regular intervals, to detect defects and the need for repair, adjustment or lubrication;
- Make the necessary adjustments to keep equipment and operations up to standard;
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining the safety of production areas.
- Be responsible for starting up and shutting down equipment;
- Constantly and regularly record variations in temperature, pressure and all other parameters required by operational specifications;
- Report regularly and punctually any variations likely to influence the quality of operation and production;
- Recommend any need for maintenance and/or minor or major repairs;
- Make adjustments to maintain equipment in optimum operating condition;
- Inspect, at regular intervals, the equipment under his responsibility in order to detect any unusual element likely to cause a slowdown and/or stoppage of the machine/equipment, and consequently a halt in production.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.