|Reports To||Plant Manager|
The Production Manager is to supervise and develop our manufacturing staff and coordinate the daily operations of manufacturing and shipping/receiving functions while ensuring a safe and compliant environment. Meeting customer expectations is our number one priority.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Develops leadership at the non-exempt level through training, support and coaching
- Ensures plant safety and regulatory compliance as it pertains to manufacturing activities
- Selects, trains, and supervises a staff of approximately 30 team members
- Delegates duties appropriately to direct reports
- Coordinates plant activities with peers and staff from other departments
- Ensures production schedule adherence and adjusts as required to meet on-time delivery – backs up scheduler/planner
- Previous work experience operating under ISO-9000, TTB, and GMP standards, ensures work instructions and standard operating procedures are accurate and up to date
- Establishes and maintains standards of performance within the manufacturing department. Provides timely and accurate feedback and support to direct reports, motivates and develops the Production team to their highest potential
- Engage in strategic planning to maintain and improve lean manufacturing practices
- Demonstrates business maturity by providing a high level of respect to employees, as well as internal and external customers
- Demonstrates a passion for plant performance and takes full ownership of the job and strives for personal development, effectiveness and continuous improvement.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily and respond decisively
- Convey a sense of urgency while focusing on attention to detail
- Team builder with unrelenting drive for continuous improvement
- Patience and self-confident
- Consistently exercise good judgment
- Scheduler/planning experience
- Strong computer skills – excel
- GMP experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5-10 Years Packaging Industry experience preferred.
• Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and open to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
• Ability to foster collaborative, cross-departmental relationships to meet common objectives.