|Reports To||Production Manager|
This individual is a leader to the Process Operator team on shift. This role is a working team leader responsible for the functions of the Process Operators in addition to the leadership of the team. The Production Team Lead supports department objectives in the areas of safety, environmental, production, quality and team member training and development.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for all duties and responsibilities of a Process Operator (described in the Process Operator Job Description)
- Ensure daily operating instruction reports are read, understood and followed. Ensure shift-to-shift handover communications are clear and understood by team members
- Complete detailed shift summaries forwarded by email to the distribution list at the end of each shift
- Ensure that housekeeping standards and checklists are completed and adhered to
- Ensure completion of all field logs. Ensure that all team members are following accepted GMP standards with respect to the logging of information
- Work with the Operations Coordinator to identify training requirements and assist in coordinating training sessions and periodically conducts training sessions for team members
- Complete incident reports for any events occurring on shift related to safety, the environment and any production interruption
- Complete performance evaluations and follow up reviews for all reports. Evaluations will be reviewed with the Production Manager prior to delivery to the team members
- Coach team members as they advance through the Progression System. In collaboration with the Operations Coordinator, ensures all aspects of training and time requirements have been met prior to notifying the Operation Manager of their advancement to the next level. Complete and sign-off on the progression request which is forwarded to the Production Manager for approval. Ensure that the Production Manager is made aware of any difficulties of a team member to progress through training. Keep track of progression timelines specifically the minimum number of shifts required to progress in an operational area
- Work with the Production Manager on all matters related to policy infractions and disciplinary issues of team members
- Balance work load on shift during times of imbalance
- Ensure vacation and overtime are administered according to both GGI and department policies and any other constraint that may be instituted from time to time
- Conducts monthly Health and Safety meetings and daily safety talks with team at the beginning of each shift
- Become the main contact in the event of after-hours emergencies and as such must be familiar with emergency response and key response procedures
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and recommending 5S opportunities for facility
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Completion of a related technical post-secondary diploma/degree
- Experience in a continuous operation facility is an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills to make timely decisions related to process disruptions
- Resourceful and practical, with demonstrated problem solving and decision making capabilities
- Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Focused individual who maintains safety standards while working to achieve business objectives.
- Leads by example in terms of safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- Embraces a team approach, and competent at communicating and building rapport with team members
- Self-motivated individual who anticipates future priorities and challenges, and establishes a technical direction
- Champion and leader of our core principles in that this individual is Collaborative, Agile and Innovative, and Responsible and Dedicated to the business objectives
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.