|Department||Maintenance and Projects|
|Reports To||Maintenance and Projects Manager|
This position will be responsible for the long-term optimization of existing and future technology for the Tiverton facility. This role provides an analysis of the plant processes in order to identify and implement initiatives that will improve throughput, yield, energy consumption, cost performance, product quality, safety and environmental performance.
The successful candidate will manage the following duties to ensure the Maintenance and Project group meets all our objectives and targets.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Provide the pre-engineering support for all project & day to day Maintenance related items
- Provide support to keep the 3-5-year work plan in check with the BU needs and develop projects from all stakeholders (from business case to hand over)
- Support the project implementation process through proper documentation management (P&ID, Layouts, Vendor Data, Preliminary execution scope, cost estimates, etc.)
- Provide technical assistance to the facility for troubleshooting, problem solving, continuous improvement activities, equipment inspection
- Manage assigned projects from the approval to commissioning while ensuring MOC’s, PSSR’s are complete and the plant standards are respected
- During construction, ensure that all regulations for construction projects are followed
- Work with the Maintenance and Projects team to support all capital Shutdown activities
- Ensure all projects support and comply with FSMA and any other food safety standard programs required
- Take full or part ownership of some of the daily engineering activities
- Ensure that plant documents and drawings are brought up to date and keep current (including Maximo)
- Help with the development of plant/ BU technical specifications and standards
- Support the construction process with Safety performance of the site and the contractors that are onsite
- Advanced use of Maximo.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering (P.Eng. Designation preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience. Prior leadership experience is an asset
- Resourceful and practical, with demonstrated problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Focused individual who maintains safety standards while working to achieve business objective.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, project targets, and quality standards
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking individual who is able to self-direct workload and priorities, and acts to create efficiencies and resolve issues within their scope of responsibility
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.