|Reports To||Quality Assurance Manager|
This position is responsible for ensuring all required analyses are performed as defined in the Quality Management System. The QA Coordinator provides support to Lab Technicians, serves as a leader, subject matter expert for the Quality Management, Food and Feed Safety Systems.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Comply with and support the fulfillment of all company environmental, health and safety, quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Support department objectives and lead continuous improvement initiatives; foster collaboration within team members to achieve desired results in a manner aligned to our core values and principles
- Coach, mentor, support and develop team members providing timely and constructive feedback
- Maintain QA team schedule; Coordinate daily activities involving the lab in collaboration with other departments
- Accountable for Quality related Management Systems (ISO, FMSA, etc.) implementation, training, compliance, maintenance and internal and external audits
- Maintain product specifications, customer documentation, audits and customer communication resolution
- Responsible for tracking audit results, customer communication, investigation and corrective actions
- Populates and updates Inventory Planning Model daily with scheduled shipping demand. Balances High Purity Alcohol inventories, communicates production mode changes and over or under-capacity situations to Supply Chain and Operations
- Oversees sensory program at the Chatham facility
- Contributes to QA Month End reporting in collaboration with and as required by Chatham Plant and Corporate Finance
- Work closely with the Management team to develop and promote goals to maintain GMPs for food and feed safety. Ensure compliance with FSMA, FEMAS and other relevant food and feed safety initiatives
- Provide guidance and assistance in quality assurance issues; liaison with Operations, Sales, Supply Chain/Logistics and all other internal and external customers
- Provide technical troubleshooting expertise
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and advocating 5S opportunities within facility
- Participate in project execution, continuous improvement initiatives, including, MOC, Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review
- Identified as delegate and back up for QA Manager
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Completion of post-secondary education with a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, degree in Chemical Laboratory Technology, or other related discipline
- Three to five years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of GMP, HACCP, FSMA, FEMAS, ISCC and ISO standards and experience with risk-based methodology
- Competent person who is knowledgeable of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and regulations
- Resourceful and practical, with demonstrated problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands and attention to detail
- Focused individual who works to achieve department objectives while maintaining safety standards.
- Leads by example in terms of safety, environmental practices, production targets and quality standards
- Embraces a team approach, competent at communicating and building rapport with team members
- Self-motivated individual who anticipates future priorities, challenges and establishes a technical direction for the department
- Champion of our core principles in that this individual is Collaborative, Agile, Innovative, Responsible and Dedicated to the business objectives
- Possesses Greenfield values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.